Monday, January 24, 2011

OLW 37 Sentiments

Yeah!  I've made Simplicity's latest challenge with a day to spare!  The challenge is to create a one layer card using at least 2 and only sentiments.  No stamped images allowed this week!  Embellishments are to be kept to a minimum.

I thought I came up with an original idea, but just now scanning through the thumbnails on Susan's blog I find that several had this same original idea!  Oh well.  Great minds think alike.   I make it a point to not look at the thumbnails on any challenge I participate in so that I am not influenced in any way while coming up with my idea.   After my card(s) is finished, I then like to go back and look at everyone else's "point of view".  I love seeing everyone's interpretation of the challenge. 

I actually came up with two cards, both very similar in design and both for Valentine's Day.  The first uses a Stampin' Up (be mine) paired with a portion of an old Studio G sentiment.


The second card uses a PTI sentiment paired with the same Studio G partial sentiment.  I made a mask out of a sheet of computer paper and a nestibility heart die, and then repeatedly stamped the PTI sentiment over the cut-out heart.


A BIG thank you to Susan and Jennifer for coming up with these wonderful weekly challenges!

Thanks for peeking!

13 comments:

Lorrinda said...

I love em both! Great minds think alike!

Andrea said...

Both of these are perfect! I really love the second one though :)

♥ Doreen ♥ said...

Love your card :) thanks for your comment.

Deborah Frings said...

Brilliant cards - I think has been a fabulous challenge. I think my favourite of the two is the outline heart!

Thanks so much for your comments on my OLW37 cards - very much appreciated.

Regards, Deborah x

Cassandra said...

Love both cards, so gorgeous and simple.

joanne wardle said...

They are both adorable!
perfect valentine's cards

The Other Patti Sue said...

Both cards are absolutely perfect! Love your heart shaped sentiments!

LaNell said...

Two very cute cards. I think I like the 2nd card best. Fun challenge.

Pauline said...

Great cards Carol. I especially liked the second one. Can't wait to see you and learn more stuff from you. SMILE

Jennifer Styles said...

Clean, simple, elegant and beautifully laid out!

Just lovely!

SueB said...

great ideas and fun challenge, eh?! TFS!

Susan said...

I love both cards!! So elegant...yet simple!

Colleen said...

Both of these cards are so stinkin' cute! You've been busy . . . :D
Hugs,
Colleen