Thursday, January 13, 2011

Christmas

Hi everyone!  Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedules to stop by my blog!  I really do appreciate it.

The last month has been pretty hectic, as you can tell from the lack of blog posts.  But, as things are calming down, I hope to post a bit more.  I have many cards from the last few months photographed and waiting, which is good, because the ol' mojo has been on hiatus lately.   Maybe posting will give the boost the mojo needs.

The first card today is the one and only Christmas card I sent this year.  Shame on me.   My mom was the recipient.  See how sparkly the focal image is?  Please take my word for it....it is VERY sparkly!  Well, Colleen and I learned this technique from Polly of Polly's Pals at Stampaway last August and did it together shortly after so we wouldn't forget.   I just checked Polly's website to see if she has the technique posted, but I couldn't find it.  Darn!  We'll just have to rely on my lack of memory.  I used adhesive sheets by Therm-o-web (can get them at Mike's) and the Christmas Tree stencil by Dreamweaver.  Here are the steps if you are interested.

1.  Cut a piece of cardstock and adhesive sheet the same size as the stencil.  Remove one side of the adhesive sheet and apply it to the cardstock.
2.  Remove the second side of the adhesive sheet and apply glitter.   Sorry, I don't remember the type or brand at the moment.
3.  Cover the glittered sheet with a second sheet of cardstock, and, using a brayer,  firmly roll over the second sheet of cardstock to make sure the glitter sticks well to the original adhesive/cardstock.  Remove 2nd sheet of cardstock.
4.  Place the tree stencil on top of the glittered cardstock and hold it in place with removable scotch tape.
5.  Using pigment ink and a stencil brush, apply the ink to the stencil as desired.
6.  Remove stencil and cut image to desired size.

The really neat thing about this, is the glitter totally sticks to the adhesive and doesn't come off!  Not on your hands, or your stencil brushes.  Totally clean!  My kind of glitter.

The second card is a thank you I mass produced for Christmas gifts John and I received this year.  Pretty simple...used up some of my most favorite holly paper from Basic Grey, the stamp is from Stampendous and used my Nesties circle and dahlia dies.   Colored with copics, including the spicas for a little shine that you can't see very well in the picture.


That's all for today!  Thanks for peeking!

5 comments:

LaNell said...

Good to see you blogging again. Two wonderful cards. Wish I could really see all the sparkle.

kroppykat said...

Your memory is excellent, as always, and the card is spectacular. Making 50+ would've been a major undertaking. Love the second card too . . .great sentiment.

Glad to see you posting. You inspire me to do the same.

Hugs,
Colleen

Bonnie said...

Good to see you back Carol. Hope to see you posting more as I always enjoy your cards. The holly tree is stunning! I'm sure your Mom was thrilled with it. The thank you note is loveley. Pretty paper.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Both your cards are beautiful. You are not alone when it comes to being delinquent in sending out holiday cards this past season. I only sent 10. So now I'm making one or two each week so I have them ready for this coming November!

Pauline said...

Hi Carol glad you are back. The glitter card reminds me of the technique I learnt at the last class I took on Copics. It is so pretty. Loved both cards. Keep inspiring us.