Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My Valentines

Yeah , I know.  Valentine's Day has come and gone.  I meant to post these on Monday, but forgot.  So, better late than never.  Right?

The first was for my honey.  Right up his alley.   Now, I didn't come up with the "Wood..." on my own...I had some help from Better Homes & Gardens http://www.scrapbooksetc.com/theme/holidays/valentines-day/valentines-day-cards/?page=4

But, the card I drew inspiration from and the card I made are pretty different.  That's what inspiration is all about...that's my story and I'm stickin' to it!


Used the woodgrain texture plate from PTI (one of my all time favs!), a heart border punch from EKSuccess, heart punch from Fiskars, and made my letters from the 12 inch sizzlet in the SU catalog.  Those letters are the perfect size for cards.  Love it!

My second card is made with SU's Sweetheart set and the SU sizzix heart embosslit.  Simple and cute.



I think that is just a stinkin' adorable set.  Especially with the heart embosslit that FITS INSIDE the heart shapes!  Woo-hoo!   I think that's the fact that took me over the edge and made me buy this set.  Haven't bought too many SU stamp sets in the last year...they're just not doin' it for me.  But, this one did!

Thanks for peeking!

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Awesome cards, gf, and irl even more so. Your mojo is firing on all cylinders!
Hugs,
Colleen

Pauline said...

Loved your cards. That wood background is calling my name. Have to have it.!!!! The heart one is beautiful and looks great IRL.
Hugs,
Pauline