Monday, January 2, 2012

Boston

This card is going to some friends of ours in Kentucky.  Their furry four legged baby recently crossed over the Rainbow Bridge.  Boston (or, Bossy, as many of the neighbors called him) was such a sweetheart who roamed the neighborhood and knew all the neighbors.  My favorite and most vivid memory of him was the day he and Chynna, another neighbor's dog sat for photos with my golden retriever/chow mix Sammy on her "sweet" sixteenth birthday.   My dear neighbor set her kitchen table with a pretty tablecloth, good china and silver for 3 place settings.  In the center of the table was a very large, many wicked, candle sitting on a cake plate resembling a birthday cake.  In 3 chairs placed around the table were Sammy, Boston and Chynna, all wearing party hats.  It was the funniest sight I and my neighbors have ever seen.  We laughed ourselves silly while all three dogs sat quite contentedly around the table.

On to the card:

Paper from my stash, sentiment from Club Scrap.

I'm also submitting this for the current Skipping Stones Designs challenge #108.

Thanks for peeking!

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh what a picture your description conjures up, such a lovely memory :)
Gorgeous thoughtful card, I'm sure it'll be appreciated.
Happy New Year to you :)
Jenny x

Karin Åkesdotter said...

(-:
This is super! Fab design and colors and patterns = Love your card!
Best wishes for 2012, hugs, Karin

Jingle said...

This is a very sweet card! I'm so sorry for your friends' loss! Thank you for playing along with us over at Skipping Stones Design!

Pauline said...

What a thoughtful card Carol. Loved the story. It made me smile. My neighbour lost her dog of 18 yrs.( I think) yesterday too. I know it is a great loss to her. I am sure your friend will love the card.
Hugs
Pauline

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Colleen said...

Love your sweet card and know your friend will too. You must share some pictures of that birthday party sometime....cracks me up just thinking about it!