Thursday, September 30, 2010

A banner birthday

Good morning, everyone!
This card was inspired by a Christmas card I saw in one of the card magazines I've been reading lately.  I *think* it may have been in either the Papercrafts Card Sketches or Papercrafts Card Style magazines.  I just finished flipping through those, but couldn't find it.  But, those are the two I've been flipping through the most lately for inspiration.  Wish I could locate it so I could give the person who inspired me due credit.  If I find it later, I'll edit this post. 

I have to laugh......I typically "read" all my card idea books and magazines in bed right before I drift off to sleep.  Of course, I NEVER remember what I "read".   So, I ALWAYS get to go back through EVERY book/magazine later and it is brand spankin' new inspiration!

Anyways....on to the card.
I found this BoBunny paper months ago somewhere and kept it out in plain sight so I wouldn't file it away and forget about it.  When I bought it, I knew I wanted to make a birthday card with it for one of my sisters-in-law.  Success!  I just love the softness of the color and the pattern.


I am batty for banners lately.  After looking at stamps that are banners and realizing I'd have to cut them all out (I am really cutting challenged), I finally remembered that I have an old diamond punch AND an old QuicKutz diamond diecut.  I used the slightly smaller diamond punch, scored them across the middle and folded them over the twine, using glue dots to secure them.  I used small clear letter stamps (Autumn Leaves Stampology wordplay) to stamp the 'happy', and masked everything but the 'birthday' from an Inkadinkadoo stamp.   Buttons, twine, pearls, ribbon and lace from my stash.

I really, really like this card!

Thanks for peeking!

3 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is so pretty! I read you to say you were batty for bananas lately LOL!I had to go back and re-read... your banner is way cool!

Bonnie said...

I really, really like this card too! And with just a little tweaking it would be a perfect baby card, don't cha think?

Colleen said...

Oh MY, what a spectacular card. Love the banner and all the attention to detail. This is one of your all time BEST. Love it.
Hugs,
Colleen